As experts in staffing since 1996, we believe in enhancing workplace connections by introducing top quality candidates to our top-notch clients all while creating career opportunities that are both positive and fulfilling. We currently have an excellent opportunity for an Operations Controller.
ABOUT the Organization
Our growing client is a family owned and operated business established in 1982. With their newly acquired business in heavy haul transportation and jack and slide solutions provider to the oil and natural gas, construction, petrochemical, mining and power generation industries.
ABOUT the Position
The Controller, Operations shall hold responsibility for managing the overall financial operations and will provide accurate information to the Board of Directors, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparing financial reports. The Controller will be responsible for directing and managing the company's accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
This is a busy office that requires high level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning. Along with proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Key job functions are:
• Manage the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
• Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures.
• Budgeting and forecasting.
• Review and analyze monthly operation results and cash flow.
• Work with field operations to define, measure, analyze, improve and control current processes which impact customer quality and influence internal operating efficiency.
• Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of financial information
• Implementation and management of internal controls with respect to financial policies, processes and procedures
• Provides advice and guidance on all accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis, and reporting
• Sets the priorities within accounting group
• Coordinating the year-end audit and preparation of audited financial statements
• Generation of reports of performance against budgets
• Ensures rapid and consistent collection of receivables by refining and implementing control mechanisms
• With input from the CFO, responsible for the formulation of accounting policies, procedures and controls
• Hiring, training, mentoring and supervising accounting staff
• Other related duties and required or assigned.
Skills & Requirements
• University degree in Business/Accounting, with advanced degree or professional accounting designation (such as CPA) preferred.
• 5 to 10 years related work experience working within transportation or construction industries.
• Experience working with Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics GP software is required.
• Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are vital to the role.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel
• Management and or supervisory experience
• Good problem-solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand
• Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
• High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
• Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
• Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
• Attention to detail in all areas of work
ABOUT the Compensation
This position offers a salary of $100k per year. As well as the eligibility for performance-based salary increases & bonuses.
ABOUT the Next Steps
We encourage all qualified candidates to consider this excellent opportunity, but please note only those with directly aligned experience will be contacted for an interview.
If you are interested and qualified, please apply today!