As experts in staffing since 1996, we believe in enhancing workplace connections by introducing top quality candidates to our top notch clients all while creating career opportunities that are both positive and fulfilling.
Our Burnaby Client is seeking an HVAC Field Technician to join their tight knit team.
ABOUT the Organization:
Our client operates in energy and water conservation; servicing utilities, provincial efficiency agencies, NGO’s, industrial, commercial and institutional organizations across North America. They are a growing company looking to expanding their team.
ABOUT the Culture:
Our client welcomes adaptable, creative, good humored self-starters who don’t shy away from challenges. providing a fun working environment and offering you the opportunity to really make a difference and grow in your career.
ABOUT The Position
Reporting to the Field Coordinator, the Field Technician is responsible for the removal and installation of furnaces in residential homes across the province of BC installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining equipment to ensure the safe operation, and instructing customers on the proper functioning and care of their new furnace to ensure that they are able to take full advantage of the energy and cost savings associated with the program.
*Due to the nature of the role and the need to be working closely with customers across the province of British Columbia travel (including overnight) can be expected to consist of 20% - 40%, depending on candidate and customer locations.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Class B Gas Fitter is an asset
- Class B Gas Fitter Certification is required
- Valid BC Drivers License with a 3 year clean driver’s abstract is required
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position including but not limited to, frequent lifting of weight up to 40lbs, bending, occasional squatting/kneeling, working indoors and outdoors in all types of weather, must be able to work with approved protective workwear in dusty or slippery work environments
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand/learn new technologies (Smart Thermostats, Smart Phone and various applications)
- Experience with installing smart thermostats is an asset
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both in written and verbal communications
- Possess strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with outstanding customer service and organizational skills
- Very punctual and dependable
- Ability to take direction and work with a minimal amount of supervision
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check
The perfect candidate will be client and service focused with the drive and motivation to exceed expectations. This role requires a self-starter, someone self-motivated with superb time management. You must have the necessary requirements to execute the technical elements of this role while upholding the interpersonal skills to make all client interactions one that leaves a lasting impression.
ABOUT The Compensation
This position offers a competitive salary with a benefits package, plus other perks! (Gas card, flexible hours, company vehicle and tools, etc.)
ABOUT The Next Steps
If you meet the qualifications and believe this is the right fit for you, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate 40379 in the subject line.
We encourage all interested candidates to consider this excellent opportunity, and all applications will be carefully reviewed, but please note only those with closely aligned skills and experience will be contacted for an interview.