As experts in staffing since 1996, we believe in enhancing workplace connections by introducing top quality candidates to our top notch clients all while creating career opportunities that are both positive and fulfilling.
Our SE Calgary Client is seeking a Community Development Coordinator to join their tight knit team.
ABOUT the Organization:
Our client is a non-profit organization that operates in the equestrian community, their growing team is in need of an integral member to oversee all community engagements (ie. Admin Support, Event Planning, Marketing and Communication.)
ABOUT the Culture:
In this beautiful working environment, you will find hard working individuals who like to work hard and have a good time doing it. Surrounded by a constructive team with a great sense of humor we are seeking a cultural fit who is driven to work hard, and have a good time doing so.
ABOUT The Position
The Community Development Coordinator will assist in helping to promote, facilitate, administer and follow organizational plans for community growth, outreach and related initiatives. S/he will provide effective communications and input for marketing; administer program support and other activities that best suit the interests of the business. The ability to liaise with a diverse client and customer base is essential. Frequent interaction with the public, members, potential members, board and other team members requires broadly developed interpersonal skills. Being able to identify and create opportunities to foster community development through research is important. S/he will utilize their comprehensive skill set to ensure that positive visibility and recognition is achieved in regards to the business, programs, products and services. This position requires the successful candidate to utilize creative, outreach and administrative skills in order to assist the organization overall.
• Assist in executing strategic and marketing plan goals; reporting on results
• Network with clients and potential clients to drive and grow business and community
• Coordinate marketing of the business, programs, products and services
• Write, edit and proof content for online and offline communications
• Oversee and monitor content for website, newsletters, social media and publications
• Support driving consistent, relevant traffic and leads
• Explore and build on ways to reach and engage clients and community
• Develop, maintain and improve relationships to support business goals
• Support day-to-day operations and related programs
• Maintain database of partners, clients and members where applicable
• Represent the business professionally in internal and external meetings
• Maintain regular communication with the Executive Director
• Post-Secondary education in Communications, Administration, Marketing, Public Relations, Business or similar, and 1 - 2 + years of proven experience
• Experience with Adobe InDesign, WordPress and MailChimp.
• Knowledge of social platforms and tools (Facebook, Hootsuite, Instagram, Analytics, etc.)
• Be confident and well spoken; able to verbally communicate with all audiences
• Possess a creative mind with the drive to generate fresh and relevant ideas with the team and independently
• Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends and travel out of town, including overnight
• Hold a growth mindset and be results-oriented driven (no exceptions)
• Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills (no exceptions)
• Must be willing to learn and grow (no exceptions)
• Class 5 driver’s license and reliable vehicle
The perfect candidate will be supportive in nature and represent the following key values: Determined, accountable, strong work ethic, dependable, confident, positive can do & will do attitude, self-motivated, team oriented, effective communicator, flexible, competent, takes initiative.
ABOUT The Compensation
This position offers a salary of 43-44k with a benefits package, plus other perks!
ABOUT The Next Steps
If you meet the qualifications and believe this is the right fit for you, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please indicate 40244 in the subject line.
We encourage all interested candidates to consider this excellent opportunity, and all applications will be carefully reviewed, but please note only those with closely aligned skills and experience will be contacted for an interview.