As experts in staffing since 1996, we believe in enhancing workplace connections by introducing top quality candidates to our top notch clients all while creating career opportunities that are both positive and fulfilling.
Our Calgary Client is seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to join their team.
ABOUT the Organization:
Our client is a busy, fast pace operation with a BRC ‘AA’ Certification. A Canadian owned and operated company with 50 years in the industry.
ABOUT the Culture:
A diverse working environment with a culture all members take pride in, a healthy happy working space where everyone enjoys coming to work! Whether that be the early risers, or the midnight workers. All personnel are full of cheer and passion for what they do!
ABOUT The Position
This is the most senior Food Safety and Quality position on the site and as such is responsible for maintaining high quality and food safety standards in accordance with Canadian/US Food Regulations and BRC Global Standard for Food Safety and customer requirements, through problem solving, testing, root cause analysis, and process improvements.
The Quality Assurance Manager will take preventative measure and create process improvement plans to address quality and safety deficiencies.
This is a cross-functional role, engaging with internal customers including the Procurement, Sales, Customer Service, and Plant Operations including Production, Maintenance and Supply Chain departments. The position reports directly to the Vice President-Food Safety and Quality.
The QA Manager is also a point of contact for all retail and food service customers serviced from this site, overseeing multiple teams.
The perfect candidate must be a team player with abundant interpersonal and leadership skills. A people person is a must in this role.
Other requirements include:
· Education and/ or Experience – Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in either food science, biological science, or a related field; 5+ years of leadership experience in addition to 5+ years of experience in a technical area such as laboratory management, quality management systems, or food process engineering; Experience working with BRC, HACCP, SFCR, Food Safety Management, and Integrated Sanitation and Pest Control Management. Formal training in on of the GFSI related Food Safety Management Systems, HACCP and ideally PCQI trained.
· Language Skills – Advanced English skills are required to read, comprehend, and deliver instructions, correspondence, and verbal communication, etc.; Ability to write correspondence and to effectively present information one-on-one and in groups.
· Mathematical Skills – Ability to understand, accurately record and perform mathematical calculations.
· Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions, identify root causes and develop solutions; Ability to deal with standardized situations with variables.
· Computer Skills – Advanced knowledge in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Physical Demands – Frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
· Work Environment - Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts. Continuous and constant noise that is above 80dBA (loud). Hearing protection is mandatory and will be provided; annual hearing tests are completed. Above normal temperatures during summer months. Some exposure to airborne particles within allowable limits.
ABOUT The Compensation
This position offers a competitive salary, of 80-90k with bonus’ and a flexible benefits package.
ABOUT The Next Steps
If you meet the qualifications and believe this is the right fit for you, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate 40357 in the subject line.
We encourage all interested candidates to consider this excellent opportunity, and all applications will be carefully reviewed, but please note only those with closely aligned skills and experience will be contacted for an interview.