As experts in staffing since 1996, we believe in enhancing workplace connections by introducing top quality candidates to our top-notch clients all while creating career opportunities that are both positive and fulfilling. We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Accountant.
ABOUT the Organization
Our growing client is a family owned and operated business established in 1982. With their newly acquired business in heavy haul transportation and jack and slide solutions provider to the oil and natural gas, construction, petrochemical, mining and power generation industries.
ABOUT the Position
The Senior Accountant will assist in the day-to-day financial activities of the company, including full-cycle accounting, preparation of financial reports and quantitative analysis. The position requires excellent communication and organizational skills, superior attention to detail, effective time management and a drive for continuous improvement.
This is a busy office that requires high level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning. Along with proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Key job functions are:
• Complete month-end processes, including the preparation of month-end journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation.
• Prepare and analyze various operational reports, including fuel reports, monthly revenue, and job costing reports.
• Reconcile bank statements.
• Prepare and file GST/PST and other remittances as required.
• Ensure intercompany and balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly, investigate, and adjust variances as needed.
• Create business reports and analyses as needed.
• Develop, maintain, and improve working processes.
• Perform various other duties as required by Management.
Skills & Requirements
• Post-secondary education is required, and a CPA designation is an asset.
• 3-5 years of senior level accounting experience in a similar role is required.
• Must have experience with Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics software.
• Must be highly organized and able to multi-task with minimal supervision.
• Must have excellent computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
• Problem-solving ability and a keen attention to detail and accuracy are required.
• Ability to work in a growing, dynamic, and changing environment is required.
• Self-motivated individual who can work both independently and in team environment is preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills (oral and written) are required.
• Optimistic/collaborative approach and attitude towards work are preferred.
• Shows responsibility and confidentiality regarding work-related information.
ABOUT the Compensation
This position offers a salary of $70-80k per year. As well as the eligibility for performance-based salary increases & bonuses.
ABOUT the Next Steps
We encourage all qualified candidates to consider this excellent opportunity, but please note only those with directly aligned experience will be contacted for an interview.
If you are interested and qualified, please apply today!