As experts in staffing since 1996, we believe in enhancing workplace connections by introducing top quality candidates to our top-notch clients all while creating career opportunities that are both positive and fulfilling. We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Production Supervisor.
ABOUT the Organization
Our client operates a large food distribution warehouse in SE Calgary.
ABOUT the Position
The Production Supervisor will report to the HR Manager and be responsible for managing, supervising and allocating tasks for up to 50 employees daily while working towards meeting production deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ownership of the Production Floor from all aspects of health and safety, quality, waste, and productivity
• Always achieve department line efficiency targets while maintaining a safe environment
• Follow-up on operational schedules and coordinate manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meet specifications
• Facilitate and own communications between Production and other departments
• Resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure cost efficiency and attempt to minimize operational delays
• Responsible for the development and growth of all production floor staff involving areas of behaviour, communication, productivity, and career progression
• Track payroll in ADP and approve employee vacation requests
• Supervise and coordinate Machine Operators, Roasters, General Labourers, Material Handlers, and Lead Hands
• Responsible for the implementation and continued support of Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, and Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Skills & Requirements
• Post-secondary education in Logistics or equivalent experience.
• No less that 3 years’ experience in similar role.
• Strong manufacturing knowledge.
• Ability to effectively allocate tasks to staff members.
• Strong understanding a unionized environment.
• High competency in shipping and receiving.
• Ability to show versatility and resourcefulness when problem-solving.
• Great time management and multitasking skills.
• High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills.
You are a strong Production Supervisor with 3+ years related experience working in a unionized environment, preferably in a manufacturing facility.
Your core competencies include leadership, change agent, self-starter, negotiator, and team builder with strong skills in conflict management and resolution.
You are reliable, with a solid work ethic, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You are flexible, adaptable and enjoy working in a fast paced and sometimes chaotic environment.
Because this is a food distribution warehouse, and exposure to allergens (particularly nuts) is high, you cannot have any food allergies.
ABOUT the Compensation
A competitive compensation package between $70,000- $75,000.
ABOUT the Next Steps
We encourage all qualified candidates to consider this excellent opportunity, but please note only those with directly aligned experience will be contacted for an interview.
If you are interested and qualified, please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org