As experts in staffing since 1996, we believe in enhancing workplace connections by introducing top quality candidates to our top-notch clients all while creating career opportunities that are both positive and fulfilling.
Our Okotoks Client is seeking an Office Manager / Bookkeeper to join their team on a full time permanent basis.
ABOUT The Position
The Office Manager / Bookkeeper acts in service to the members of this housing cooperative. With strong interpersonal skills the qualified candidate will lead and carry out operational plans, control finances, and manage the coordination of contractors. This position will reports directly to and coordinates with to the Board of Directors.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing annual budget and controlling the operational expenditures to ensure the health and longevity of the Co-operative
- Develop and implement an overall property maintenance and repair program
- Ensuring that the co-op meets its legal obligations/ understanding the bylaws and policies thoroughly
- Developing and implementing a strategy to maintain full occupancy of the co-op
- Supporting Board Governance by working with the board and membership
- Efficient administration of the co-op’s office and management of other co-op staff
To meet the challenges of this role, the ideal candidate must be energetic, able to work well in a team, and have excellent communication skills. Other requirements include:
• Financially literate with strong property management skills including AR/AP and reconciliation.
An efficient administrator and effective supervisor of other staff.
• Familiar with computer programs such as Quickbooks and Microsoft Office.
• Knowledgeable about CMHC and the laws that apply to housing co-ops.
• Experience with how member shares and subsidy programs and administrating.
• A good communicator – both orally and in writing.
• Able to work effectively within a co-operative management and governance structure and relate to a diverse co-op community
• A self-starter with an ability to work with limited direct supervision.
• Ideal candidate must lead with integrity, be a strategic; critical thinker and problem solver, an effective communicator, with high emotional intelligence.
• Assist and co-ordinate with committee for new member move in and move out inspections.
• High School diploma and at least 2 years of post-secondary education or relevant work experience.
• 5-7 years of relevant work experience with at least 1 year’s senior management experience.
• Experience working with a volunteer board of directors and contractors or employees.
ABOUT The Compensation & Hours
This position offers a salary of 45k-55k based on experience. Including a health spending account. Hours primarily are daytime with board meetings and AGM’s in the evening. Hours negotiable.
ABOUT The Next Steps
If you meet the qualifications and believe this is the right fit for you, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate 40417 in the subject line.
We encourage all interested candidates to consider this excellent opportunity, and all applications will be carefully reviewed, but please note only those with closely aligned skills and experience will be contacted for an interview.