As experts in staffing since 1996, we believe in enhancing workplace connections by introducing top quality candidates to our top-notch clients all while creating career opportunities that are both positive and fulfilling.
Our Calgary Client is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
ABOUT The Position
The Senior Accountant is an integral member of this Accounting team. This position will perform accounting tasks for multiple entities.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare timely and accurate financial data on a monthly, trimester, or quarterly basis, including budget and forecast variance analysis, and consolidations or combinations;
• Prepare Board of Directors board materials, including variance analysis and supporting financial information schedules;
• Preparation of memorandums and reports to Senior Management and/or the Board of Directors;
• Manage the accounting records including those related to cash, intercompany billings, investments, and various reconciliations;
• Manage fixed asset budgets, forecasting, and reporting;
• Coach and mentor junior accounting staff;
• Manage the annual budget process, working with operational managers;
• Perform special projects as assigned.
To meet the challenge of this role, the ideal candidate must be highly organized, an effective communicator, energetic, able to work well under minimal supervision and willing to assist team members as necessary.
Other requirements include:
• A professional accounting designation complimented by 3 to 5 years of relevant experience;
• Highly proficient with Excel and an understanding of Quickbooks;
• Working knowledge of Canadian and US tax would be beneficial;
• Solid understanding of the CICA Handbook with particular emphasis on Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises;
• Ability to quickly and efficiently adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines consistently;
• Exceptional ability to multi-task and prioritize;
• Exceptional time-management skills;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills;
o Ability to identify/analyze problems;
o Distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information to make logical decisions; and
o Provide solutions to individual and organizational problems.
• Team player in a small office environment; provide coaching and mentoring to junior accounting staff; and
Excellent report writing skills, problem solving abilities, high level of confidentiality, detailed oriented, and able to work within deadlines.
ABOUT The Compensation
This position offers a competitive compensation package based on experience.
ABOUT The Next Steps
If you meet the qualifications and believe this is the right fit for you, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate 40410 in the subject line.
We encourage all interested candidates to consider this excellent opportunity, and all applications will be carefully reviewed, but please note only those with closely aligned skills and experience will be contacted for an interview.