As experts in staffing since 1996, we believe in enhancing workplace connections by introducing top quality candidates to our top-notch clients all while creating career opportunities that are both positive and fulfilling.
Our Calgary Client is seeking a Fleet Manager to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
ABOUT The Position
The Fleet Manager is responsible for managing the Company vehicles, site equipment and rented site equipment to ensure its’ optimal use and operational effectiveness. The Fleet Manager also has responsibility for IT and communications infrastructure both within the office and at site locations.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for the daily/weekly tracking and reporting location of all company owned tools, equipment and vehicles.
• Work with suppliers to obtain optimal pricing on materials, tools and equipment.
• Manage vehicles to better serve our clients, improve performance, and control cost.
• Develop, Manage and coordinate fleet and facility maintenance programs.
• Develop and manage process to measure fleet utilization.
• Develops and promotes effective work programs that incorporates life-cycle costing concepts and maximizes the resources available from operating and capital budgets.
• Identify and pursue opportunities to optimize fleet, tool and equipment effectiveness and efficiency.
• Supervise shop operations including a variety of scheduled equipment activities, preventative and routine maintenance and emergency/unscheduled maintenance activities.
• Prepare, modify, and deliver job descriptions and performance evaluations to direct reports.
To meet the challenges of this role, you must lead with integrity and accountability with a focus on quality and safety. The ideal candidate must be/have:
• Proficient communicator who can present well and influence others when appropriate.
• Knowledgeable of commercial vehicle registration and compliance.
• Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting and purchasing procedures.
• Logistics and planning skills.
• Able to understand workplace-based problems and analyze them to develop appropriate solutions. You demonstrate superior judgement in all areas of the business that you interact with. Able to make decisions independently of other’s involvement.
• Capable planner who is able to organize the resources at his/her disposal to achieve the best results.
• Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
• Skilled negotiator – knows the products and vendors well enough to negotiate favourable terms and prices
• Not afraid to approach difficult situations and dig in to find a solution.
• Self-motivated to make improvements and get tasks done on time – you want to see others in the company get the information they need at the right time.
• Valid driver’s license
• 10 years of relevant fleet management work experience.
ABOUT The Compensation
This position offers a competitive compensation package based on experience.
ABOUT The Next Steps
If you meet the qualifications and believe this is the right fit for you, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please indicate 40412 in the subject line.
We encourage all interested candidates to consider this excellent opportunity, and all applications will be carefully reviewed, but please note only those with closely aligned skills and experience will be contacted for an interview.