As experts in staffing since 1996, we believe in enhancing workplace connections by introducing top quality candidates to our top notch clients all while creating career opportunities that are both positive and fulfilling.
Our Calgary Client is seeking a History Collection Curator & Administrator to join their team.
ABOUT the Organization:
Our client is a high-profile family, with a diverse family and business history collection.
ABOUT the Culture:
With interactions with high profile clientele, stakeholders, and members of the family, this environment is a poised group of individuals with pride in history.
ABOUT The Position
The History Collection Curator & Administrator oversees and performs the maintenance of a diverse family business history collection. This position defines and implements, with Shareholder approval, the policy, procedures and protocols for the accessioning, deaccessioning, care and protection of the collection. This position will be an integral part in the implementation of the new strategic plan for the History Collection, which will include, but is not limited to, working with the company and its clients to reconnect, build a plan for how each client will use and relate to the History Collection, maintain the excellent care and service expected and create interactive, educational resources for the company and its clients.
The perfect candidate must be a highly organized, creative and energetic team player that can work well with minimal supervision. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written are essential. Other requirements include:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Art, history, museum studies or a related field is preferred;
• Education on museum curator skills and best practices is an asset;
• 5 years practical work experience;
• Experience with Mimsy museum software or other database management tools;
• Strong organizational, management and critical-thinking skills are an asset;
• Knowledge of collections management policies, practices and procedures pertaining to museum objects, storage and preparation of exhibits;
• Knowledge of museum standard procedures for the care, handling and preservation of multiple mediums of objects, including but not limited to, artifacts, objects, furniture, equipment, photographs, film and documents;
• Excellent computer skills;
• Attention to detail;
• Ability to create digital presentations and use technology to create exhibits/resources that utilize the collection and share the corporate history in an interactive and educational way;
• Experience creating or working with digital collections and/or touring exhibits would be an asset;
• Experience with budgeting;
• Ability to create a budget to support special projects, display creation, and/or schedule of tours and presentations.
ABOUT The Compensation
This position offers a competitive salary, based on experience and qualifications. With Benefits plus a pension plan.
ABOUT The Next Steps
If you meet the qualifications and believe this is the right fit for you, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate 40335 in the subject line.
We encourage all interested candidates to consider this excellent opportunity, and all applications will be carefully reviewed, but please note only those with closely aligned skills and experience will be contacted for an interview.