The position is based in Whitecourt, Alberta, a family-oriented town with a great combination of commercial, residential, leisure, and recreational opportunities.
ABOUT The Company
Our client is a newsprint mill and a leading manufacturer of premium newsprint.
The company is an incredibly successful, well-financed, progressive organization that is regarded as one the best companies in the industry.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a world-class organization with a bright future. The successful candidate will be joining a positive and progressive environment, which has some of the best and most experienced pulp and papermakers at the core of its operations, and in which people are respected and engaged.
ABOUT the Position
Reporting to the Mechanical Superintendent, the Mechanical Maintenance Planning Coordinator is responsible for the shutdown coordination of the mill. This person provides planning support to the mechanical team, engineering groups and operations groups as required.
• Key responsibility is the shutdown planning and coordination for the mill.
• Plan and schedule bimonthly shutdowns for the mill, including major spring and fall shutdowns.
• Support the development and implementation of preventative and routine maintenance programs.
• Owner of the CMMS system.
• Update parts and cost information in CMMS.
• Manage outside contractors for building maintenance, sheet metal, and scaffolding work.
• Work directly with maintenance techs on planning shutdown jobs.
• Work with purchasing department on spare part criticality and support for obsolesce.
Key Competencies and Skills
• Must be competent in Microsoft Project or similar project planning software.
• Must be competent in problem solving and analysis.
• Leadership skills are required. Candidate must be able to lead the shutdown planning team.
• Must possess CMMS software skills.
• The ideal candidate will be a Mechanical Engineer (PEng registered with APEGA. An Engineer/Technologist or a Journeyman Millwright (or related Mechanical Trade) will also be considered
• You have a minimum of five (5) years relevant maintenance and planning experience, preferably in a pulp and paper environment
• Planning or project management certification is a definite asset
• Knowledgeable and demonstrated use of CMMS and maintenance planning systems.
ABOUT The Compensation
An attractive total compensation package will be offered including a competitive, full company funded benefits and pension package. A relocation package is also available.
ABOUT The Next Steps
If you meet the qualifications, including being able to relocate to Whitecourt, Alberta, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate Mechanical Maintenance Planning Coordinator in the title line.
We encourage all interested applicants to consider this excellent opportunity, but please note only those with directly aligned educational credentials, skills, and experience will be contacted for an interview.