The position is based in Whitecourt, Alberta, a family-oriented town with a great combination of commercial, residential, leisure, and recreational opportunities.
ABOUT The Company
Our client is a newsprint mill and a leading manufacturer of premium newsprint.
The company is an incredibly successful, well-financed, progressive organization that is regarded as one the best companies in the industry.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a world-class organization with a bright future. The successful candidate will be joining a positive and progressive environment, which has some of the best and most experienced pulp and papermakers at the core of its operations, and in which people are respected and engaged.
ABOUT the Position
The Senior Project Engineer will oversee all aspects of the mill’s capital and engineering projects. He/she will ensure delivery of all projects on budget and in a cost effective, timely, safe and environmentally responsible matter. In doing so the Senior Project Engineer will provide strong and effective leadership to the engineering team, consultants and contractors and work collaboratively with the other members of the maintenance and operations teams.
Reporting directly to the Mechanical Superintendent, the Senior Project Engineer will oversee a team of 2-4 Engineers and Technologists.
• Oversees the design, preparation, installation and implementation of engineering projects and modifications to plant and equipment. In doing so, the Senior Project Engineer, will plan, schedule, and coordinate the technical and management aspects of all projects.
• Works closely with operations and maintenance teams to develop annual project plans and prepare and monitor capital budget.
• Procures and manages sub-trades for projects.
• Provides technical services for other departments as required.
• Supervision and scheduling of piping contractors in mill. Also ensures quality control of contractors.
• As a team leader, you will act as a coach, motivator and facilitator to ensure projects are delivered in a safe, high quality, and cost-effective manner.
• Supervises operations and maintenance teams and other assigned project personnel where appropriate.
• Ensures efficient use of project management tools to drive project performance.
• Ensures regular contr