We have an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Civil Engineering Designer in Land Development with our NE Calgary client.
ABOUT the Company
Our client is a civil engineering, planning and survey company. This company has a friendly and supportive team that works and plays hard. The team is passionate about their work and regularly participates in community and industry events.
About the Position:
The successful candidate will be required to prepare constriction drawings/document and assist in the coordination of design and specifications within the context of a multidisciplinary land development design team.
Ultimately, the Engineering Designer will assume responsibilities for the conceptual and detail design phases for all aspects of:
• Municipal infrastructure expansion and site plan design.
• Cost estimating and design approvals.
• Engineering analysis and reporting.
• Review of designs by others and mentoring.
• Preparation of detail design drawings (primarily using AutoCAD Civil 3D and related applications) for a variety of assigned municipal engineering projects involving roads, storm and sanitary sewers, catchment maps, water mains, stormwater detention systems and related topics.
• Designing ESC plans.
• Preparation of alternate designs as necessary.
• Interpretation of topographic information required for design.
• Site and lot grading and earthworks balancing/optimization.
• Technical analysis of the municipal infrastructure components including sewer design sheets and modelling software.
• Preparation of quantity take-offs and cost estimates.
• Preparation of reports, letters, memos and other project correspondence.
• Compilation of as-built records for design and record drawings. and
• Preparation of contract documents for project tendering and execution of the project design drawings.
You have the following designation: PEng/CET/P.Tech/RPT and possess at least 8 years of aligned experience.
• Application of municipal engineering design criteria and drawing preparation standards for individual communities, particularly Subdivision & Development Control Bylaws.
• Following the design and construction standards established for the geographical area of service by the branch.
• Application of relevant sections of the Provincial Building Code as it relates to the design of municipal engineering infrastructure on private property.
• Familiarity with overarching federal, provincial, and municipal legislation, codes and bylaws.
• Knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of the detail design of municipal infrastructure for either public or private sector clients.
• Knowledgeable of technical design issues, constructability, cost, and design approvals.
ABOUT the Compensation
A competitive salary will be offered that is reflective of your skills and experience. A full benefits package is also available including an educational allowance for professional development and career progression.
ABOUT the Next Steps
If you meet the qualifications and believe this is the right fit for you, please send your resume to: email@example.com. Please indicate Civil Engineering Designer in the title line.
Please be advised that we will only be considering applicants who are Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or those who have a valid & current Canadian work permit. We encourage all interested applicants to consider this excellent opportunity, but only those with aligned education & experience will be contacted for an interview.